After releasing 2 successful albums with hit singles Where Are You Baby and Doin' The Do, Betty Boo (real name: Alison Clarkson), disappeared from the face of the earth. Was she famous in this part of the world, she was huge in Asia like 15 years ago! The last time I did a Google search on her came back with links that she had signed a contract with Madonna's label Maverick but to date, nothing. Maybe she has returned to England to sell malaysian laksa (being part Malaysian herself). Her music is so campy and her lyrics bitchy to a point of hilarious. I love it! Check out this tawdry video to one of my fav songs by her called Hey DJ/I can't dance to that!
Doin The Do was a hit here in the late 80s, early 90s.... According to the Popjustice website, she is set to release a new album soon...!