Tuesday, May 30, 2006
Move in a different direction
I made a decision today and walked into my manager's office and told him that I want the company to fund a course that will take me into a different career path. He was shocked and appeared almost disappointed that I wasn't aspiring to be like him. I often think he was molding me into the same career path he took but I need to do something altruistic and my current department does not provide me that satisfaction. I am holding my breath for positive response after he presents my request to the powers that be. I am looking forward to the course and how it would give me the expertise in rehabilitation. Coming from a non-profit background when I first started working after graduation, I want my daily worklife to have meaning again. *sigh* I hope he sees how important this is to me and pave the way. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
posted by movetothis @ 9:14 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 8:34 am, Blogger Brand New W said…

    best of luck!

     
  • At 10:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    u'll have to tell us what kind of florence nightingale charity work u do for a living when we have dinner...

     
  • At 3:29 pm, Blogger movetothis said…

    hot-lunch - thanks for the well wishes. I do need it as its almost impossible at this point.

    zocalo - hmm, now that u know I am not florence nightingale, what do u think of me now LOL!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This