Friday, August 18, 2006
New Music Familiar Artistes
Just listened to Xtina's Back to Basics and I'd have to wonder why her contemporaries like Spears, Simpson or Beyonce are putting out crap lately. They gots to learn from Ms. Dirrty Xtina. This CD is wickedly enjoyable, packed with 2 CDs, both very different moods. I love the song 'Hurt', the lyrics, melody, passion she puts into the song, I can bet that track will be up for a Grammy if she releases it as a single. I love big band music and the 20s-30s era is one of my fav for music so this CD was a gem for me. As long as she doesn't pile on the pounds after having a baby like Britney, this girl is here to stay. If Beyonce doesn't fine tune her new material for fall release, she will be left in the dust with her thunder thighs against Christina Aguilera IMHO.

And even more exciting news for me! George Michael has a new track/video which is sweet. I've always loved his music, he might have been down for some years but never out. An Easier Affair is a good dance number and the lyrics seem to chronicle his life when he told the world he was straight, then came out followed by all the grief he received to his life today. He sings 'I am dancing with the freaks now and I'm having too much fun'. Awesome video as well except Mr. Michael needs to learn 2006 dance moves as his gyration are still totally Wake Me Up Before You Go Go, but I still love the vid. Check it out!

posted by movetothis @ 9:01 am  
4 Comments:
  • At 4:25 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I love George's music too but this song sounds so similar to the Patience album! I like the video better but u are right about his dancing. He has like 1 or 2 moves in the entire video!

    I heard somewhere that he recently had extensive plastic surgery. Can't really see on video because it's dark and moving fast.

     
  • At 10:31 pm, Blogger movetothis said…

    It does sound like the track Amazing but I think this song has potential and I can't wait for his new CD and hopefully a tour!

     
  • At 9:28 pm, Blogger Brand New W said…

    meah. sorry to be a debbie downer but i'm just not feeling it. i liked "Amazing" a lot better and that song didn't even fare that well over here, i doubt this one will have better luck. it's too bad, as he is talented and has written some great music in the past. here's hoping he'll return to form sooner than later!

     
  • At 9:29 pm, Blogger Brand New W said…

    p.s. Xtina's album - yes i agree with you, it is quite enjoyable!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This