| Sunday, August 06, 2006 |
| Poor Eats - Alpha Global Sushi |
| I have to interrupt my Ciao Italia Tour entries with a discovery. It seems not all izakayas are built the same. Checked out Alpha Global Sushi and Bar on Richards and Helmcken last night. Albeit it was inexpensive as for 4 it was about $100 with loads of sake but the food was blah blah blah. Tori Karaage should never require a dip. The batter should be flavourful. Have these people never tasted these bite sized chicken at Guu or Gyoza King? Ebi Mayo should have crunch not soggy prawn batter coated with mayonnaise. Yaki Soba should have fresh soba noodles not instant. Agedashi Tofu should be piping hot, slightly crispy, not soft and slathered in sauce. It was izakaya travesty. They need classes at Guu, Gyoza King or even Hapa. The best dish was their Caterpillar Roll which was good but I can live without. I thought I love all izakayas but this one is scratched off my list, for good. |
posted by movetothis @ 2:19 pm   |
|
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|