| Friday, July 07, 2006 |
| At Last |
She finally puts out a good record, this is way better than her acoustic crap before. I'd have to say her voice is stellar when delivering standards like Etta James 'At Last'. Her rendition of 'Walk on By' and 'If you walk away' were heart wrenching. In her version of 'Don't Let Me Be Understood', she is SO channelling Tori Amos IMHO. I think Tori should sue as psychotic lyric phrasing is her trademark. Her duet with Tony Benett for 'Makin' Whoopee' missed the mark so is her remake of the song 'Stay'. A definite good listen for a nice relaxing afternoon though. Why am I suddenly into these remake CDs, first Rick Astley's Portrait now this. Comes with age I guess.
 |
posted by movetothis @ 10:45 am   |
|
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|