Monday, June 12, 2006
New Eats Made My List

Nestled away in National Nikkei Heritage Centre is a gem of a restaurant that I am thankful that my best friend told us about. Hi Genki is a simple restaurant that serves all the good ol' Japanese favourites at unreal prices, from my memory, none of the items were over $8 - $10. Loves it. The salmon plate came with almost the entire fish and my katsu curry was comfort food and it was huge. It was like eating in the home of a nice Japanese family. It got busy shortly after we got there and in about half an hour, it was bustling. Nikkei Centre is a retirement home which I think I wouldn't mind staying when I am old and grey and in need of 24 hour assistance, as long as they keep serving up those agedashi tofu at those prices, I plan to go back over and over again. Next time, I am having their udon, and oh yah, their croquette, awesome! Great afternoon and the entire afternoon I had fun teaching a five year old how to use a cell phone to snap photos of everything in sight. What have I gotten myself into?



Another awesome place dishes up authentic North Indian cuisine that is exceedingly good. Oddly enough, they are rather quiet during lunchtime but have been around like forever. Delhi Dar Bar makes unique Indian crepe known as dosas and for $6, you get a nice crepe with potato filling and 2 distinctly different chutneys for dipping. And those Onion Bhaji, that's the way all onion rings should always be made, spice it up and kick up another notch! The owner is always yelling into the phone but that never distracts me from digging into their chicken biryani. I am glad I don't live next door to them or I will reek like there's no tomorrow.
posted by movetothis @ 8:47 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This