| Saturday, July 15, 2006 |
| Annual Trek to Seattle |
I bought very little on this trip but it was the most fun I've had! My best friend and her family joined us on the second day and we showed them the Seattle the amazing-race-shopping-spree style LOL. It was exhasting and I hope they enjoyed it and join us again soon. I always count my blessings that we live so close to Seattle which in 2 hours, who would've thunk the casino in Tullalip (odd name) had a pretty nice cafe. I did wanna try the buffet restaurant for lunch as on route to the cafe, I saw platefuls of fried stuff sitting on tables occupied by masses of Chinese. Ok, what is with my people hoarding casinos and buffets, I was never deprived of food or necessities in life but I am guilty sometimes of such pursuits: to eat like there is no tomorrow and throwing away good money all for the pleasure of pushing a button or pulling a lever, hmm.
I did have to write a comment letter to The W Hotel as their service has somewhat deteriorated. Giving restaurant tips while putting on lipstick is quite tacky. And on the second day, we went to the concierge desk as I was dying for authentic Thai food only available south of our border and the prissy male behind the desk was on the phone and doing what is clearly a personal phone call. He put his right hand on the mouth piece and asked if we have something to ask. Erm, NO, we are not here to ask anything, we were admiring your hair idiot! What kind of a question was that? He gave a half-assed answer with little directions but we managed to find the little Thai gem anyways called Jai Thai. Southern Thai food is yummilicious, so different from the Americanized Thai food we get here that is a travesty. As it was past 2.30 pm, we were the only ones at the restaurant. Good stuff. Love Singha Beer. Off the beaten track in Madison area we found Crush which was a heritage home converted into a restaurant, wow! That one had impeccable service although a little Gestapo as everytime the server attend to a table, the bus person is always right behind her waiting for a plate or glass to be handed over. The place was packed soon after we got there but then again no surprise as they had good wine, wicked seafood. The one oddity was instead of a bread basket they gave one piece at a time but one piece of bread at a time just won't do, I need to have bread-hound engraved on my forehead I think. I wonder if the hotel will respond to my comment letter, oh well, maybe I am petty but for the amount of money paid and the reputation of the hotel, the attitude was proposterous. Oh well, with that said, I'd stay there again coz I love all the modern fixtures there.
5 things I hope will migrate over to Vancouver BC from Seattle: The W Hotel with Canadian level of service, Wild Ginger which I have decided I will always be impressed by the food, always, Trader Joes which will probably shut down Capers and Choices in a heartbeat and with the shocking closure of Caban, Crate and Barrel has to move here. We went nuts this time at C&B. I need to write them a letter and tell them I need them to be closer, Vancouver is in dire need of a Trader Joes and Crate and Barrel, seriously.
Dine out at Wild Ginger
Oh my god, these were unreal satays! |
posted by movetothis @ 10:46 am   |
|
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|