Friday, August 04, 2006
Touch for the very first time


Venice, gorgeous Venice, I felt touched for the very first time. I wanted to renact Madonna's Like a Virgin video while straddling a gondola driver but didn't get on one *sigh* Venice was the highlight of my Ciao Italia Tour. It was romantic, peaceful, inviting and is forever embedded in my mind. The train ride there was pleasant except for some commuters making the rush hour that talked non stop. STFU people, I am trying to nap here. Well, another note to self, never ride a train during peak hours. Locanda La Corte was an amazing hotel but the walk from the water bus to the hotel was a bitch when heavy luggage is involved. My bad as I did not bring a roller suitcase so had a good shoulder work out. I think my left shoulder is now bigger than the right. No cars, buses or bikes are allowed in Venice, just foot traffic and gondolas. St. Mark's Basilica was magnificient. Wanted to pretend to be in a tour group to jump in line but was reminded that cheating to get into a church is so wrong. The regular line up was over an hour. We decided to dine instead. We did something odd here as we wanted something 'light' we opted for a Venetian Chinese restaurant instead of a Osteria. It turned out to be decent food but the dyke that brought our food was mean like Rose O'donnell. It was really neat seeing a Chinese person speak perfect Italian and English with a strong Italian accent, so exotic I thought at first but that feeling was dampened once this oriental k.d. lang told me not to put our empty plates on the table next to us. Erm, this other table was connected to ours so I thought it was ok. I said 'oops' and she shook her head. Whatever! Good luck with finding your Ellen Degeneres in Italy, from what I know, dyke bars were non existent here. Humph!

The best find here was this little trattoria that was family owned called Antica Trattoria Bandierette which I think translates into Ancient Family Owned Restaurant Bandierette. Here, I found out what it's like to really taste a good seabass. Minimal sauces and fresh ingredients made all the difference. Its a small family business that was hospitable and their claim that they were pesce specialita was an understatement! The female owner was fascinated at how well I deboned the fish and ate it with such enthusiasm. Thank god we skipped the tourist trap pier area and found this unassuming restaurant instead. That 1.5 hour walk in the blistering heat was so worth it now! Definitely one of the best meals of my life. If not for this sinking city called Venice, I would never have fallen so hard for Italy.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
posted by movetothis @ 11:21 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 5:57 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL these entries are hilarious!

    I think that Asian dyke has been brainwashed by Italian service (or non-service) industry. Should send her to Japan or something to learn some manners.

    Can you debone a fish and work an abacus at the same time??

    There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with cutting in lines to enter church or joining tour groups without paying. Hey, Italians do it all the time! Plus, what do you think you're going to church for? CUT in line, ENTER, then CONFESS! All done!

     
  • At 9:39 am, Blogger movetothis said…

    nah asian lesbo was actually from Taiwan as she also spoke Mandarin and I could tell...I should send her to China to instill fear in her.

    I know, I wanted to cut in line, I was sure lots of them do it, I have a camera at all times so of course I look the part LOL.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This