| Thursday, August 03, 2006 |
| 24 Hour Trek to Europe |
It took almost 24 hours to get from Vancouver to Milano Italy. Not for most, but for us. That's so insane! The flight from Vancouver to Frankfurt (before our connecting flight) was only 9 hours but once in Germany we chose to fly a budget Europe charter called Ryan Air. OMG, NEVER AGAIN! We had to wait almost 6 hours before connecting. It took almost 2 hours to get from Frankfurt International to Hanh Airport where Ryan Air flew from. We had just spent 9 hours on a flight, I was crabby, feeling funky, hungry, tired, PMSing and cursing quietly inside. Ryan Air is hell. Who is this Ryan? Ryan Reynolds? Are you playing a joke on all your passengers? And as if it cannot get any more sad, Ryan Air flew into a suburb near Milan called Bergamo, so another bus ride for 2 hours. So what did we do when we got to Milan, checked in and slept. It was our amazing race! Sigh. Note to self: Fly Direct. Milan was my first taste of Italy and what a taste. Just Cavalli Cafe ruled. The restaurant was totally over the top and the food impressive. One unique observation, dogs are allowed with their masters into restaurants, hmm. Nobu rocked! And the shopping triangle was like shopping heaven, every known designer has a store there, some had 3 or 4, some had a 5 story building stocked with one brand. Super snotty sales staff. I deliberately asked a question just to annoy them. I wanted to remind them "bitches, you are wearing Armani because u WORK here!". In Milan, I became a grateful and proud owner of a pair of Prada shoes and I finally replaced my torn and ripped Fossil weekend bag with a new Roberto Botticelli man bag. Yes, man bag, sue me. Milan lacked in the true Italian culture and lifestyle I thought but it sated our fantasy of shopping like Sophia Loren, that made the long trek to Europe all worthwhile.
 No such thing as a simple door
 Entrance to the Duomo and Shopping Mecca
 Just Cavalli Cafe Over the Top Decor |
posted by movetothis @ 8:28 pm   |
|
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|