Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Ciao Italia
I love Italy, love it at lot. Especially Venice. It is so tranquil there. I love Milan for its shopping. Visited Prada's flagship store, when she first started, when she was an unknown and look what she's made of herself. I love Florence for her bridges, water and most importantly outlet shopping. No where else in the world can one find an actual Prada OUTLET the size of a mall! Yes, it span like 2 blocks and seriously amazing prices for gorgeous clothes and footwear. It was like shopping at SPO. We had a close call with the almighty on the way to the outlets, the weather turned and soon we found ourselves forced to channel Helen Hunt in Twister. It was a near death experience which I will blog about later. I love Rome as everywhere you turn, its a historical ruin. I love The Forum, The Coliseum brought me to my knees and even being non-Catholic, I love the Vatican City. I love the tens if not hundreds of Basilicas that I visited. I love pizza and pasta in Italy, I am now puzzled at what restaurants here are passing off as pizza or pasta. They are not what it should be. Yep, I am now an Italian food snob.

I however, did not love the who-gives-a-damn and indifferent attitude from many of the retail staff and restaurant servers. But still, I did not let them bitches mar my trip. Ciao Italia, I hope to return this lifetime. On with the show....
posted by movetothis @ 9:36 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:49 am, Blogger Brand New W said…

    oooh, did u bring any pizza or pasta back?? mmmm, that sounds sooo good! it sounds like you had a lovely trip! And and a Prada outlet mall!? WTF!! Amazing!!

    Did you go down the canals of Venice in a gondola, re-enacting Like a Virgin?? You KNOW you did!

     
  • At 2:03 pm, Blogger movetothis said…

    slap myself, i did not buy any dried pasta back, i should have. i guess we rarely eat pasta at home never thought of it. i renacted the entire video in my mind, i hum the song everytime i walked by a canal, i know, that's so gay.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This