Thursday, August 31, 2006
Teach a dog new tricks
I learnt a new trick today, on my RAZR. We often try to find a phone number or address of some restaurant/store while in the car and surfing the web on the phone takes FOREVER! Today, I found out if I send a text message to Google (#46645), I get a reply within seconds. I put it to the test and text 'Gyoza King Vancouver' (my favourite place to eat in Vancouver) and sent it to 46645 and voila within seconds, got the reply:

Gyoza King 1508 Robson Street Vancouver BC
604-669-8278

Cool huh. And as SMS is part of my package, it's like free directory assistance!

Go HERE for more instructions.

Google and SMS rules!
posted by movetothis @ 9:11 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 11:24 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I don't know why SMS is not big in Canada. At least I never used it and neither did my friends!

    But in Korea and here in Norway, EVERYONE uses sms! They use it more than talking on phone! It's much cheaper of course. Maybe not much cheaper in Canada?

     
  • At 10:58 am, Blogger movetothis said…

    I am the SMS text messaging queen, I almost hate to call and would rather text to save on minutes and stuff.

     
  • At 11:55 pm, Blogger Brand New W said…

    i have a lame ass plan that charges me for every single text message i send out. boo!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This