Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Food and Song
Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Dine Out Vancouver continues for us last night at Chambar Belgian Restaurant. We've been there before and each time, they never fail to impress! It's no wonder they are full every weekend even without a Dine Out promo. This year, there's no tagine lamb on the Dine Out menu but the choices did not fail to impress. I had the scrumptious and plentiful Moules Frites, the others had the Trout. You'd think mussels, meah, so insignificant and not filling but it was over a pound of succulent mussels in a tomato spicy broth and crispy frites with a mayo dip. What can be better than fries and mayo really? Nothing. 3 courses for $25 and I was SATISFIED, unlike my last dine out where I left starving after a $35 three course meal. Rare needs to learn a thing or two or three, on how to present a proper Dine Out. Portion is equally important as presentation. Chambar does Dine Out with perfection. Sharon and Ambrose had their wine pairing for an additional $20 for 3 glasses of wine, deal or what?!?! Their warm and chocolatey Belgian Waffle was to die for. I skip their wine pairing as I love Belgian beers, yes, so in love with this Hoegaarden beer. Loves it! I fear I can drink the entire keg of this thing, must get some for weekend *note to self*

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Post dining, we literally had to sprint to Orpheum for Lang Lang and boy, were we close to being denied seating as latecomers are not allowed. Thank god I left my Blahniks at home! It was such a refine experience. I haven't been to a classical piano concert in decades and watching Lang Lang churn out intricate Mozart and Liszt tunes made me miss playing them ivory keys. My partner commented Lang Lang was too Long Long and I do agree but it was nonetheless a perfect end to a perfect evening out with my favourite people in the whole world! 2nd Dine Out over, next up is Gastropod this weekend with Carla and Mikey. I should be an extra 20lbs heavier when this is over, cannot wait!
posted by movetothis @ 7:14 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 8:15 am, Blogger Brand New W said…

    Chris had 3 glasses of 2 oz of red wine at Gastropod for $10! i'm going to Chambar next week, i hope i like it. the only time i've been there, i wasn't that blown away...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This