| Sunday, January 28, 2007 |
| Vancouver's Gastronomy |
  
Gastropod! God, I love this place. The room albeit was small but comfy. We had one of the corner tables and the four of us felt kinda closed in but I digress...it's Dine Out and I am here for the food. I started off with their house Mandarin Orange Martini and it was wicked! Surprised by the $25 and $35 option, I had wanted the lingcod or duck confit but if and when I see fresh oysters on a menu then all bets are off! I went for the $25 menu. Opted out of the wine pairing as 2 oz per glass is not tasting, it's sipping! Ordered a full glass of red instead. In the wine pairing or 'flight' as they call it, Chambar ruled over as their pairing was $20 for 3 glasses of 4-5 oz of white, red and dessert wine to compliment each course. I digress again. Gastropod did impress. The food was delicious. They must have learnt a thing or 2 after hotlunch's experience as the food came out fast despite a full room. We were in, out, and all came back to our place for more drinks by 9 pm. I forced everyone to sit through Amy Grant and ONJ music videos on DVD, it was hilarious! Hmm, I digress yet again. I opted for Gastropod's fresh oysters, OMG, the shallots and cheese were a nice touch to them oysters, the menu said 2 but out came 3 fresh oysters, I shucked them within seconds! I begged for more. The pan roasted chicken with couscous was good but I should have gone for the risotto instead. The rest of the posse had the risotto, tuna starter and beef stew. They were ALL good. I'd give Gastropod an A plus for impressive the pants out of me. I cannot wait to return again, soon, and try everything else on the menu. Three down for Dine Out, next Bacchus.... |
posted by movetothis @ 10:50 am   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
we have to go here together! i loved it too!!! and u can forcefeed me ONJ and Amy Grant videos all u want afterwards!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
we have to go here together! i loved it too!!! and u can forcefeed me ONJ and Amy Grant videos all u want afterwards!