Thursday, May 17, 2007
Where's the grub?
Yikes, I haven't talked about food for a while and god I love food. Been checking out a few new places, some memorable some nah. I think I found the best butter chicken downtown in a dive called Choice Fast Food, not to be confused with Choices, this little joint is easily missed when you walk down the block on Hornby St. but their tangy butter chicken is the best I've had in a while. Within steps from my office, I find it so enticing to go often but alas, butter chicken contains loads of butter which = heart attack so can't be good if I am trying to eat right. They have other curries but was told by some to avoid so can't say for sure. But, their butter chicken, creamy and flavourful. Me like.

Recently we finally joined our friends to a Filipino restaurant that they raved about called Rekados. OMG, I have never disliked a restaurant that much, apart from most restaurants serving Korean food which I found to be repulsive. I had no idea what Filipino food was about and found it unappealing and just a mere combination of all other ethnic food rolled into one. The cuisine lacked identity. We had this fried pork hock dish which I swear to god my heart stopped beating that night. It wasn't bad, just dry and boring. The appys were not bad but reminded me of Yakitori. And the food was served lukewarm. Service was attentive. And they put slushy ice in my martini, like a slurpee in a martini glass, that was so wrong. Needless to say, no plans on returning and probably will skip Filipino food for a while. OMG, that fried pork carcass, how can anyone eat that!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Deep Fried Pig Carcass

Checked out this amazing place called Fuel with hotlunch recently. Loved it...the food but not the room. A tad pricey for a place on West 4th with an open kitchen much like Hons. A return? Nah. Unless for a special occasion.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Maybe this is why I haven't mentioned food in a while, how unexciting has my food ventures been lately.
posted by movetothis @ 10:15 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 5:23 pm, Blogger Brand New W said…

    really? i'm sooo going back to Fuel for that lamb sandwich!

     
  • At 9:59 pm, Blogger movetothis said…

    i enjoyed the company tremendously, the food was good but the room was very blah i thought, dontcha think?

     
  • At 4:45 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    LOL fried pork carcass? But isn't that crunchy crispy part just like Peking Duck? lol That photo looks like something I ate in Prague...yes, enough to give u instant heart attack.

    How can you not like korean food? I find it quite amazing because the taste is so strong, spicy, and pungent unlike many mild Asian food (except Thai). I love all the different kinds of pickled veggies they have except really hot kimchi.

     
  • At 11:15 am, Blogger movetothis said…

    Peking Duck is crispy not crunchy LOL. That pig dish was crunchy, dry, hard to swallow and just plain ewww.

    Korean food is not a fav of mine cuz just like you said it is strong, spicy and pungent which I usually like but then their spice is exactly the same in their kimchi, the marinade, the meat, the bbq, everything so its like ONE flavour only, boring, sorry I know you like it but as for as Asian flavours go, they are in the bottom 2 for me.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This