| Sunday, April 29, 2007 |
| What's my line? |
| I used to LOVE watching the TV show 'What's my line?' in which contestants guess the occupation of the mystery guests. Fun! I am good at the game. Last night this game was played at a house party. It's been a while since I was at a gay social party with 50 or more people in one room. It was also a small space. It was an interesting group, ranging from twinks at early 20s to one or two close to retirement. Then this game started with this friend whom we arrived with. There was this person who claimed to be a clinical counsellor for depression. Hmm. When he told us the coordinates of his office location, I asked if the company's name was 'this' and he avoided the answer. Hmm again. Made me wonder when at social events like this, how do we know if they weren't making up stories. One guy who came in with another chap who looked like someone I knew from moons ago, first would say he was a doggie treats maker than say, nah he was a teacher. Made me wonder again...why is 'what do you do for work?' an important question at social events? I never found myself wanting to ask that most of the time unless it is asked of me first. I found almost everyone who spoke to me asked that question. I reluctantly tell them as I detest talking about work. I love and am proud of what I do but talking about quadriplegics or brain injury isn't party conversation. Unless it is with friends, people I care about who truly care to know about me after they already know me. I'd rather talk about how wonderful that cake was or how Asia should not have won the Pussycat Dolls audition. Is that shallow of me that I am not constantly networking? Then I got bored and went to the front to sit by myself and craved a smoke but didn't have one. It was a fun party and could have been better but it was not the best night for me unfortunately, damn the cat! |
posted by movetothis @ 11:32 am   |
|
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|