| Saturday, April 07, 2007 |
| I am beautiful |
Been wanting to write about the concert experience I had at Xtina and PCD but with the recent events in my life, I somehow forgot I even went. Our seats rocked, Row 11 on the side, I could see the cakey makeup on the Pussycat Dolls. So, what did I think of Ms. Once Dirty now Glamorous Xtina, she embodies what singing is all about. Her pipes rivals if not outshines that of Mariah, Whitney and Celine. It might be the clean air we have in BC as she hit all the high notes, she did not resort to ad libbing and doing the hand flicking mike crap and doing her scat everywhere, she kept to the notes ala CD recording. The staging was good but not the scale of a Madonna concert. Her choreography tight but not the intricacy of a Janet show. I felt emotional when she sang Beautiful, the crowd went wild, I even raise my hands and screamed 'I am beautiful, no matter what they say, words can't bring me down' and during her rendition of Hurt, I thought of my recently passed on father. The lyrics stung.
Pussycat Whores Dolls were fun to watch. It was like watching a strip show. Vocally they were beyond sad but their moves were fun. Screaming little girls and teenagers were all over them. Mothers of these little girls and teenagers clapped in unison to support the hopes of their daughters growing up aspiring to be a stripper at Brandi's or Cecil, nice.
Funny thing is, when we left, I thought to myself, Christina Aguilera is the kind of artiste that once you've seen her perform, that's it, there's little more she can do to surprise me anymore. Nonetheless, good show.
 |
posted by movetothis @ 1:33 pm   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
At first I was wondering who the hell is this XTina...better than Whitney, Celine? Then I realized you were talking about Aguilera! lol Yes, I've always admired her vocals even though I dont' keep up with pop music these days. She beats many of the pop "stars" out there today.
I hope you're recovering well from your father's passing.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
At first I was wondering who the hell is this XTina...better than Whitney, Celine? Then I realized you were talking about Aguilera! lol Yes, I've always admired her vocals even though I dont' keep up with pop music these days. She beats many of the pop "stars" out there today.
I hope you're recovering well from your father's passing.