| Sunday, March 04, 2007 |
| Movies Marathon - An Inconvenient Truth |

Oh...wow! I had no idea we had really screwed up our planet until I watched this movie. I had no idea that Al Gore was actually Albert Gore and he was quite good looking in his younger days. He spoke with a mild southern drawl but it was not annoying. I felt like I was attending another lecture in university with all the pie charts and the images and family stories was a little distracting in my opinion. The movie was definitely informative but nothing new, nothing that we haven't heard of, like rapid growth in population is killing the earth's resources, too many cars creating fumes that is affecting global warming. If one is fully aware that global warming is true and here and its implications, then An Inconvenient Truth won't provide anything new. But for those who think that green house effect is a farce then watch this.
Still, the movie was a bit long but engaging. I was into it that I forgot about my glass of wine sitting on the table and I could not take my eyes off the TV despite I had a plateful of oyster omelet in front of me for dinner. Wow, the future is a scary thought to fathom. I hope the strata approves the central A/C soon.
And still, I don't like that Melissa Etheridge song I Need To Wake Up. The lyrics were powerful but the melody...sleeping and not deserving of the Oscar. |
posted by movetothis @ 3:09 pm   |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
she won the oscar cause it's an important song from an important movie about an important issue, as opposed to a fluffy dreamgrils song. Plus, she had breast cancer, so let's give her an Academy Award.
yeah, isn't it scary what's going on in the world?? i too felt it was a bit like a lecture. i think all the sad family stories was a way of showing that human beings can get through/past anything, including global warming. we CAN change!!
sorry, i was supposed to burn this for you! did u rent it or download it? i forget who i am burning what for, so if there's anything else you're waiting for, let me know cause i've probably forgotten!!
-
ok ok, she deserve the Oscar as she survived breast cancer.
no worries, I borrowed the movie from a co-worker. Will take you up on the other movies.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
she won the oscar cause it's an important song from an important movie about an important issue, as opposed to a fluffy dreamgrils song. Plus, she had breast cancer, so let's give her an Academy Award.
yeah, isn't it scary what's going on in the world?? i too felt it was a bit like a lecture. i think all the sad family stories was a way of showing that human beings can get through/past anything, including global warming. we CAN change!!
sorry, i was supposed to burn this for you! did u rent it or download it? i forget who i am burning what for, so if there's anything else you're waiting for, let me know cause i've probably forgotten!!