Sunday, February 04, 2007
Screw the foie gras, bring on the ramen!
Finally, FINALLY, Dine Out is over. This year, I felt DINED OUT! OD to a certain extent. Six of us finished off Dine Out 2007 @ Bacchus at Wedgewood. Needless to say Bacchus kicked it up a notch again with service, ambiance, quality and for a foodhound like moi, quantity. Portions were sufficient and the variety of roll and flat bread at each table was a nice touch. Many of the previous restaurants skimped on bread, 'naze' I ask? It costs so little but goes a long way. Now the food, I opted for a salmon ravioli (love love LOVE), then the beef short ribs which was melt in your mouth delish. Other entrees were salmon and a grain fed chicken which no one at our table went for. Hmm, I should have been a rebel and ordered that. Did notice it at another table but it look good. Our server brought us extra desserts which is such a nice touch, always a plus to dine with people from the hotel industry who knows other 'hotel folks'. Very nice. I love creme brulee and am thinking of investing in my own blow torch for that nice sugar top and possibly also duplicate Hapa Izakaya's mackerel torched at your table.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Six of us sat at that table with the red velvet chair seen left, very Liberace!

Talking about Hapa and all things Asian, I am currently tired of 3 course meals, rich fatty sauces, food stacked high and wine pairings the size that even an infant can sip without feeling the buzz. I am ready to return to comfort, something that warms my soul. Hmm, rainy day today, good day for some Kintaro. *Cross fingers*

And oh, in my humble opinion, the winner of this year's Dine Out for me has to be Gastropod, hands down, no contest! We already talked about returning on a regular night.

And lastly. If the earthquake strikes B.C. next week and I am no more, to my 'many' blog viewers out there, thanks for stopping by and I love you all! :)
posted by movetothis @ 10:47 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 1:00 pm, Blogger Brand New W said…

    Choy choy CHOY to the earthquake!! aiya!!

    Yes, I agree with you about Gastropod!! Can't WAIT to go back there!!! Sorry i missed out on Bacchus! Sounds like u had a fabulous evening!

     
  • At 1:05 pm, Blogger Brand New W said…

    And if it does hit, CHOY CHOY CHOY, at least we don't live in Richmond!!! OY!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This