Saturday, March 03, 2007
Starbucks Knows Music
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I should pay more attention to the CDs promoted by Starbucks, you know the ones sitting on the rack with artists I have never heard of. I recall a year ago seeing this CD by Corrine Bailey Rae and thought, who is this? Another India Arie? Then after seeing the live performance on the recent Grammy's and with her multi nominations, I decided to pick up the CD from Costco Florida and this become our driving music during our trip. I listened to the CD inside out for the 3 hour drive from Orlando to Miami. Loved it. She is like Billy Holiday but doing lounge music. English born, Corrine co-wrote many of her tracks and together put out a smooth CD, self titled, smooth like butta. Her first single that's been played to death even in local radio here was Put Your Record On but I like her current single better. Have a listen to Like A Star.

posted by movetothis @ 11:58 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This