| Sunday, March 25, 2007 |
| A Journey Ad Interim |
I start my 6 month venture into the unknown at 9 am tomorrow. I feel a collage of emotions. I feel excited, sad, apprehensive, confused, vindicated, avenged and weary. I miss my lunch buddies from the old office already. Many promised to drive across the Cambie Bridge just to dine downtown with me. I shall see. I've been told everything from 'I miss you already' to 'You are such an attention whore doing this and getting lunches and all that' - that is from someone whom I know my departure would have the greatest impact on cuz I was his lunchtime Dear Abbey. I will miss reminding Ms. Broken-Hearted-Me that not having a boyfriend does not mean her life is not validated. I'll miss hearing Ms. One-Eighth-Shania-Twain stories of her wonderful boyfriend and the dining outs they do together. I'll think of Ms. Jehovah-Witness often and her ability to catch each and every client who lies to her face about their insurance claim. I'll miss heading out to Fraser Street or Main Street in the middle of the work day with Ms. Not-Your-Typical-Kaur, way beyond lunchtime for some wicked Indian treats, or cupcakes from West Broadway or Costco runs. I hope they all keep their promises to continue meeting me at these places every now and then. I shall see. I know I will be there but will they?
Wow, it's going to be different. I have aged so much in my mind and maybe physically in the last few weeks. My Secret List is set and I hope the universe brings them to pass. I hope it's rewarding. The altruistic nature of this assignment will hopefully give me that satisfaction I crave at the end of a work day. I will now put my best foot forward.....
 |
posted by movetothis @ 10:43 am   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
and now you can add me as a new lunch buddy!! Hell-o!!!
Best of luck!!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
and now you can add me as a new lunch buddy!! Hell-o!!!
Best of luck!!