Friday, March 30, 2007
I eat sushi hence I am Japanese?
Survived week 1 at new job. It was a bad start as Sunday was sleepless due to episode involving dog, chocolate, vomit, pet hospital till 4 am! Not a good way to start a new job as a complete zombie but I somehow pulled it off, how I don't know. Can't say if I like it yet. It's slow. Can't believe how much there is to know about rehab. Can't believe the dire situation some people go through and yet they weather the storm with missing extremity and come out victorious with such odds against them. So far everyone has been nice. Some nicer than others. A fun group invited me to lunch which was sweet and totally unexpected. I do detest being the new kid on the block. The girl who is supposed to be my support staff is a complete nut bar. Asked if I was Chinese and then said because I ate sushi at my desk, it threw her off and she thought I was Japanese then. What if I was eating curry, would she have thought I was EI? Was I supposed to only eat sweet and sour pork cuz I am Chinese? The ignorance of some people baffles me. How did she get this job? Were we that desperate at one point that we were bringing on retards?

I shouldn't complain. I love the window view of downtown. I do miss my old gang and have doubted this move on some moments. I wonder if I made the right move. Time will tell. I hope I can do this.

Note to self: EAT entire box of chocolate in one take without leaving any sitting around for pooch to find. NEVER AGAIN! But am so glad the brat in her is back at full force.
posted by movetothis @ 7:20 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:15 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sheesh i thought ur dog ate one of those tainted canned pet food!!!

    that girl at your new job sounds like a total DITZ...eat sushi and thus japanese? ok i might forgive her if she were living in KANSAS...but in VANCOUVER????

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This