Sunday, April 08, 2007
Movies that inspire
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Saw Blood Diamond DVD this weekend. Wow, great movie. Leonardo DiCaprio South African accent was convincing. Jennifer Connelly was not given enough scenes to show her chops. Hounsou did not have enough naked scenes so boo. The movie kind of reminds me of Hotel Rwanda. Cinematography was captivating, with sweeping vistas of lush hills and jungles - as well as nail-biting car chases and shootouts which I am usually not a fan of but it was terrifically well done here. I have never heard of these 'conflict' diamond. I doubt I can look at this gem as a sentimental gift again. I still think Leonardo looks like a little boy so despite his roles as a grown up man, I found it hard to fathom.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The Pursuit of Happyness is an amazing film. It inspires. Based on true life story of Chris Gardner. Speaks volumes about perseverance, professionalism in the midst of strife. Will Smith definitely captured the agony needed in the difficult scenes. The film is an awakening to each one of us that we indeed do have the choice to chase the source of happiness in our lives. His sincere love for his son portrayed in this film along with all the tribulations he faced is moving indeed and if you're one who could do with a boost of inspiration, then go watch this film.
posted by movetothis @ 12:49 pm  
2 Comments:
  • At 2:10 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I have Blood Diamond and have been planning to watch it this week actually...maybe tonight now that you gave a positive review. Conflict diamonds...i read more and more about this....because it is related to Canada... in that our recent diamond discoveries in the north (Yukon?) are highly prized because they're not conflict/blood diamonds. So, Canadian suppliers are totally milking this in marketing.. eg. laser marking diamonds with maple leaf or polar bear to show peace and friggin Disney I guess? lol

    Pursuit of Happiness...hmm i didn't bother thinking that will smith can't pull off a drama film....only think of him as comedian...

     
  • At 9:25 am, Blogger Brand New W said…

    Will Smith is great as a dramatic actor, i.e. Six Degrees of Separation and Ali, to name a few. However, I've no interest in the Pursuit of Happyness, even though I could probably use the pick-me-up. It just looks too cheesy, even for me!

    Blood Diamond, I will have to investigate since you're now the second person to tell me how good it is!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This