| Saturday, January 19, 2008 |
| Shaken Stirred Sobered |
I am starting to realize my choice to move into this department is not by sheer coincidence. By some divine intervention, it is what I needed to shake things up, to sober me and align things and give me renewed perspective. While on vacay, a few new files were assigned and they are starting to fill up my calendar in the next few weeks. This week I had two back to back meetings with some new clients. Unexpectedly both Asian. Both younger than me. One even reminded me of me when I was that age. One was 19 and the other 29 turning 30 in a week. They lost so much. They are almost childlike due to their injuries but they smile and were motivated. One learnt to play a small keyboard while going through initial rehabilitation, the other wanted to guess which country I was born in throughout the entire appointment but he was not able to hold on to a topic for more than a minute. All manifesting what a split second unfortunate event can do to a body, a mind. On my way back to the office I reflected about the things I often gripe about, how minute are my issues when others are barely managing? How can one who has a functioning body and mind be bitter, complain or rant about anything?
I am thankful because I have. |
posted by movetothis @ 7:54 am   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
Yikes, incidents like these certainly make all of us more reflective and appreciative of what we already have. I would think you have many of these moments in ur work, no? Almost like a doctor seeing people in med crisis daily.
I need to blog about death...the concept of death...it has been on my mind for maybe 2yrs now....
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
Yikes, incidents like these certainly make all of us more reflective and appreciative of what we already have. I would think you have many of these moments in ur work, no? Almost like a doctor seeing people in med crisis daily.
I need to blog about death...the concept of death...it has been on my mind for maybe 2yrs now....