| Friday, January 04, 2008 |
| Cruise Log Uno |
One can get tired of Mexico. Yep, I said it. Sun worshippers will skin me for saying this but I find Mexico blah and sometimes painful. I am fully aware of rampant poverty and how the people have so little and I have so much blah blah blah but being accosted by someone paddling blankets, henna tattoo or hats every 2 seconds (not kidding here) is too much. I am not oblivious to impoverished people, I've seen it in my travels but the leisure and enjoyment of laying in the sun, sipping on Coronas and gorging on crab tacos is often marred by 'empanada amigo?' I love me some empanada but after saying 'no gracias' every 2 seconds to the same person mind you, ok you get the point. Right now its me and Mexico = No Gracias. Ask me again in 6 months! We made 3 port calls on this cruise, to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. Mazatlan being my favourite. We know a girl who escaped Mazatlan to Vancouver and now is a happily married mother of one living in the burbs, that's another story though.
Now back to food, Mexican food is cheap and good. After walking an hour in the blistering hot sun, watched an American traveller fall 20 feet from para sailing to broken ribs, saying no gracias to 100 vendors at the beach, we stumbled across a cafe that was rather deserted but had a view to kill. Pat on our backs for such a good find! And it was more than that. We had the best crab taco ever. Fresh crab with onion and lime juice on taco for $2 each. You read that right, $2! Corona for $2. And with beating waves, great sand, it made the perfect lunch. For a short moment, I forgot I was in Mexico as no one had asked if I wanted to replace my Caban blanket with a Mexican one, nada.
I did like Cabo and PV although PV was too busy and had the feel of someplace seedy. I was burnt out from the heat by this time and was glad when we found a place to sit, stare, eat a gamberini on a stick and ward off...yes, more blanket sales persons.
We did score a free taxi ride through town in Cabo San Lucas plus a free lunch, free bottles of Kahlua and T-shirts. All this for an almost unbearable 90 minute time share presentation. But with freebies, it made it worthwhile. I am all about free stuff, I am Chinese after all.

Posing right after docking at Cabo. I think I look bigger when I fold my arms like this, non?

Yep, those were only $2 each and each one had enough crab meat to make 10 California rolls, I josh u not!

Relaxing post lunch, enjoying the waves and pretending not to notice a camera man lurks in the bushes

This is where its at. Eating grilled prawns right on the beach. Such is life. |
posted by movetothis @ 10:52 am   |
|
| 4 Comments: |
-
I've been to MEX like 5x now and every time I LOVE it even more...well maybe not the one time where I wanted to murder the friend I was traveling with. He drove me INSANE. Luckily he spoke decent Spanish and thus our previous trips to MEX were all quite amazing. And I NEVER go to resort towns. Especially MEX. Never seen one in my life and never want to. Sounds horrid. Totally not my type of traveling/vacation.
You do look bigger with arms crossed. I thought maybe you got new implants after saving all that money from binging on crab tacos. OMG, freebies and cheap food? You are MORE Chinese than moi! *lol*
-
i should always walk and stand with my arms crossed so that it gives the illusion of bigger arms, i am trying to make my arms bigger though so gotta hit the gym more!
oh yes, i love my free stuff and all about cheap eats!
-
yes you looked bigger, but i wasn't looking at your arms. And why did you not buy a blanket and bring it to the re-gifting party instead of those LAME ASS CANDLES that you brought!!! LOL'
Zocalo - Oh, I didn't know you loved Mexico that much! I guess you really enjoyed sleeping outside on the park bench that time, eh? Hmmm... :)
-
hotlunch, what do you mean, what else is bigger? koonta! and I thought regift party is supposed to be anonymous so thanks for outing my gift CH!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
I've been to MEX like 5x now and every time I LOVE it even more...well maybe not the one time where I wanted to murder the friend I was traveling with. He drove me INSANE. Luckily he spoke decent Spanish and thus our previous trips to MEX were all quite amazing. And I NEVER go to resort towns. Especially MEX. Never seen one in my life and never want to. Sounds horrid. Totally not my type of traveling/vacation.
You do look bigger with arms crossed. I thought maybe you got new implants after saving all that money from binging on crab tacos. OMG, freebies and cheap food? You are MORE Chinese than moi! *lol*