| Saturday, December 01, 2007 |
| Girls Just Wanna Have Fun! |
It was a long overdue weekend away to Seattle and last weekend I braved the US Thanksgiving weekend south of the border for some R&R, shopping, more R&R, wine, and fun times with hotlunch. First, the Alexis Hotel was faboo! They came through with a unheard of government rate and my sweet talk and endless rant that I am a loyal guest gave us an upgrade to a humongous suite with 2 giant beds, a living room, LCD TV, huge bathroom all in a spacious 500 sq feet room, yep tres faboo. They also provide a wine hour where free pour of vino for all guests between 5 - 6 pm. Needless to say, by the time we were ready for din din, we were borderline drunk.
 
 
Thanks to hotlunch and his introduction of Bath and Bodyworks, I now have little to no skin left on my hands cuz he got me hooked on their foaming soap. I already have an OCD to wash my hands regularly and this foam soap definitely is not helping. I love it.
No Seattle trip is complete for me without a visit to old trusty Wild Ginger. I even braved a new item on the menu, a fragrant duck dish which pleased and their staple laksa was flavourful. I so wish they'd open one here. This Wild Ginger is not to be confused with the pathetique one at Tinseltown which serves Korean peasant grub, erm no thanks! I am already looking forward to our next visit come February 08!
Unfortunately the shopping gods were not smiling down on us. There were no deals to be found and my attempt to impress with downtown Macy Store left me being the laughing stock. Sigh. Where did all the sales go? It appears the best sale was only on Thanksgiving Day itself and the weekend after, nada, I felt ripped off! One saving grace was I finally found a perfect fit of a case for my iPod Touch. One that is not even sold back at home yet, probably never will.
Ah, I miss Seattle, I love the city and its such a nice getaway that is only 3 hours away, or 6 hours if you include the wait to cross the border.
Good times. |
posted by movetothis @ 6:21 pm   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
thanks for asking me to go with you on this impromptu trip! it was fun and we should do it again!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
thanks for asking me to go with you on this impromptu trip! it was fun and we should do it again!