| Saturday, November 17, 2007 |
| Guu'd Guu but could be betta |

Four of us checked out the latest in the Guu installment last night for some pre-show din din grub. Guu is always good but this one, hmm, lacked in some areas. The ebi mayo and chicken karaage were unique but not the kind of good unique. The ebi mayo was baked with a cream sauce and potatoes, it was like some gratin and I hate those. The staple of all izakayas - chicken karaage came with strange pieces of thigh, bone in drumstick which is a big NO NO. I wanted to leave at this point cuz this is sacrilegious to have karaage that is not boneless and juicy. Learn a thing from Guu with Garlic or the mother ship Gyoza King people! Bone in karaage is only served by Chinese owned Japanese restaurants which I avoid like the plague. This Guu did have fresh sashimi which we enjoyed and they made some wicked short ribs. Service was fun and our server although looked underage to work anywhere did an amazing job. I would return but since there are 3 other Guus within 5 minute driving distance, it is unlikely I would be returning soon. Still, a good experience. And sadly for me, despite being in Aberdeen, the mall of the puff, I got no Beard Papa cuz it was a 30 minute wait and we had to get to River Rock for Kathy Grffin Live so it was dine and dash. Kathy Griffin RULED!
Fun fun night. I loved it! |
posted by movetothis @ 2:20 pm   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
a fabulous night! thanks for driving!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
a fabulous night! thanks for driving!