Saturday, October 20, 2007
Xanadu
Pushing 60 Olivia Newton John still managed to rock the house last night at River Rock Casino. I had the pleasure of catching the concert with hotlunch and it was a blast! After pigging out at Runway 26, River Rock's buffet restaurant, we ventured into Row 1 of the theatre and planted our asses down. Yep, you read that right, Row ONE! This is the closest I have ever been to an artiste that I adore. She sang all my favourites although some were in a medley. There were a few missing songs like Recovery, Soul Kiss, I Need Love but she could not have covered her entire repertoire in a 2 hour show but I wish. The band was tight and Olivia belted out her hits with her stellar voice. I was thinking how her voice is still there after all these years. She was humble on stage and thanked everyone for coming. 2 hours flew by even though it felt really short. I wish I had brought a banner to request that she perform my fav song and personal anthem 'Recovery'. And oh yah, at the end, we both ran to the front, shook her hand and I told her I love you Olivia, she smiled and moved on. She definitely brought Xanadu to us!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


For more photos of her show at River Rock, go here to Only Olivia's fan club site.
posted by movetothis @ 8:31 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This