Thursday, October 11, 2007
Sai Z in Kits
Us three musketeers braved a rainy night last weekend and took off to Sai Z for dinner. I had some expectation for this place, not high but someone from my old dig raved about it, I should have known better than listen to someone who thinks burrito or Mac n' Cheese is king. Anyhoo, Sai Z turned out to be just fine, not great but nothing to rave about. It felt like a club with its multi-level dining areas, it also felt like a place that is in Mexico or Cuba but a lot nicer, hard to explain, just my odd observation and god knows I make tons of those. It was expensive as when we left, I was still peckish and by then each of us had blown at least $50 per person. So, in short, not returning anytime soon, the food wasn't bad, it just wasn't worth it. Its sad but true, izakayas like Hapa, Sai Z or even Guu will probably fail in Kits, its just not right for the neighbourhood. Tiny portions for sharing just isn't Kits fare I don't think but I love all things izakaya hence my obsession with Gyoza King and the Guu chain. The owner/chef of Sai Z was on City TV today which reminded me of the place and prompted this entry, I had thought it was called Sai Zee or Sai Zed but nah, he calls his restaurant 'Size'.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
posted by movetothis @ 7:36 pm  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This