| Wednesday, October 24, 2007 |
| Crispy and creamy goodness |

Today I must have put back all the weight and fat I've lost in the last few weeks. Tomorrow morning will be the true test when I put on one of my old pants to see if they still feel like it needs to be taken in. One major ace in my current gig at work is I get to drive to meet my clients in food haven - the suburb of Richmond! As I had a whole hour to kill before the appointment, I stopped at the best fried chicken place in the entire Lower Mainland. That's right, KFC, Church's and even the recently closed Popeye's don't come close to Richmond's LA Chicken. Owned by a nice Asian couple, their chicken is light, crispy and not at all greasy and one gets the option of having fries or rice on the side. I opted for rice as despite being complex carbs, it has to better than fries non? My oh my, did they satisfy. I am so glad they are far away from my home and work cuz I'd be 200 lbs otherwise.
 And after hearing news from hotlunch that Beard Papa opens its doors in Richmond, I made a quick stop on my way back to the city and picked up a box. It is the best cream puff that I have ever had, the mini Costco ones comes second but not a close second. Its the kind of goodness that literally explodes in your mouth! I have heard about the craze that is Beard Papa taking over Asia and my family in Singapore have already had their share and finally I have them near my city! Didn't know until today that it's a Japanese company as all the staff were Japanese and as one approach the hoards of people lined up, they yelled out welcome in Japanese, like a sushi restaurant but they were in a food court, neato. Ah, once again thank god it's not within walking distance otherwise, I'd be dead in a year with clogged arteries. As they just opened, there's only the vanilla creamy goodness for now but in a week, they'll have the entire lineup which includes greentea, chocolate pumpkin, strawberry, coffee, earl grey tea and more! YUM! Ok, now that we have this famous Japanese franchise here, will someone please buy this other Japanese franchise and open up a Mos Burger to complete my dream! |
posted by movetothis @ 6:33 pm   |
|
| 6 Comments: |
-
Holy shit these were good! Thanks for dropping them by. They are worth every calorie. I'll have to go this weekend for some more.
Chris
-
so glad you called when I was still downtown. Yes yes, grab more, love em...can't wait for their special flavours, can you imagine an earl grey tea filling!!
-
OMG, I think I feel riveting pain across my chest just looking at these pics! Maybe it's onset of a heart attack? Here I am at 10:30pm eating my GIANT tofu salad (delicious). But I could use a cream puff... flavored ones sound gross to me. I prefer bavarian cream...european cream *snicker*
-
thanks for hand delivering mine to me! i can't wait to go get more and try out those other flavours!!
and, i prefer my fried chicken greasy!! I love Church's!!
-
zocalo u will love this fried chicken in Rmd. It's owned by ppl from yr motherland and u KNOW your ppl know their fried chicken. Forget what u think u know abt cream puffs nothing comes close to this yet
-
hotlunch, u gotta try this chicken one day with moi and re the puff u r most welcome
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
Holy shit these were good! Thanks for dropping them by. They are worth every calorie. I'll have to go this weekend for some more.
Chris