Thursday, October 25, 2007
Good times good songs
Aah, this evening I listen to loads of old stuff, I age myself when I do this but I cannot help it, I love the divas from the 80s and the 90s. I try hard to get into the new stuff but there ain't artistes and songs like this anymore. I reminisced recently with hotlunch on female artistes that I've seen in my lifetime, now there's Madonna, Tori, Amy, Janet, Debbie, Paula, Tiffany, Toni Taylor, Olivia, Annie and a few more but I have yet to see Vanessa, Celine, Whitney and my favourite trio Wilson Phillips whom I've been You tubing, itunsing, downloading, listening, singing along all night tonight. I hope they will go on a tour like Olivia, Taylor Dayne or Expose. Play small clubs or casinos so that fans like myself can sit in the first row, scream, sing along and reminisced the good ol' days. I hope they tour one day, again, for old times sake.

My 2 fav songs by WP.


posted by movetothis @ 8:34 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:18 pm, Blogger Deemer said…

    I have to say I always liked "Release Me" the best. Wow take me back to high school!

     
  • At 9:49 am, Blogger Brand New W said…

    my favourites are Give It Up and You're In Love as well...

    Um, betch, we could've gone to see Carnie Wilson at the PNE this past summer!!! nobody wanted to go with me! Carnie nor the Pointer Sisters! what's wrong with EVERYBODY?!?

     
  • At 10:07 am, Blogger movetothis said…

    Deemer, Release Me is a great song but I recall at the time the single was released, I felt it was too country for my liking..but I've always loved the lyrics to that track.

    I was tempted to go to Carnie with you but I would have preferred to see Chyna Phillips, and also what is Wilson Phillips without the Phillips? I didn't think Carnie could do a 3 part harmony for Hold On.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This