| Sunday, November 18, 2007 |
| Poco Boneta |

Madonna starts off La Isla Bonita with 'como puede ser verdad' meaning how can this be true? This is exactly how I felt when I left Boneta Restaurant last night. How the restaurant that boasts of chef ties with Lumiere disappoint me so. The portions and it is not a place to come hungry and boy was I starving. Yes, our server told us the mains were in between a tapa and an entree size but alas, she jests. It was between a Mariah Carey morsel diet size and a tapa size. Well, my dish that is. I ordered the flat iron steak and although perfectly done was inhaled by yours sincerely in seconds. I don't deny eating like an oinker sometimes but seriously 2-3 bites to finish my dinner is utterly sad. The flavours were there, not mind blogging but they're there. There were veal cheeks on the table, cod+pork on our table and I really should have gone for the surf + turf as that looked fairly substantial, enough to feed Kate Moss. It was a nice room with mirrors in the ceiling but it reminded me of the restaurant prior 'One' or something like that which I didn't care for. Upon leaving, we waiting for the car to pull up and my memories were transported back to a night in yesteryears where I spent walking blood alley, skid row district just around the corner with a girlfriend looking for our significant others who were looking for a washroom and that was a harrowing experience. Alright, all is not lost at Boneta as it was a fun night with friends and they offered free valet parking as they know the diners won't live the walk back to their cars without assault or rape. I think I am done with restaurants in this corner. Sigh. |
posted by movetothis @ 10:27 am   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
yeah i heard that this place was good for "after work drinks" so that's what it sounds like!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
yeah i heard that this place was good for "after work drinks" so that's what it sounds like!