You bet we hollered. For a total of 2 hours. My voice is hoarse today, my head fuzzy, my ears sustained permanent damage from consistent ringing but goddamn it was worth it! Spice Girls brought down the house in Vancouver GM Place last night and no matter what the haters might say, yes they are not the best singers but they know how to put on an awesome show! I almost missed the opening number as I had to pee, wtf was I thinking peeing at 5 minutes after scheduled start time, I could slap myself silly but thank god, I made it for the opening, the best opening ever (well second to Madonna's Vogue at Reinvention)! If you know how much I love Spice Up Your Life you would understand, its a song that I scream out loud in the car declaring 'Colours of The World!' The song is my favourite Spice Girl song eva! It's their anthem, it speaks about living to the fullest and plain and simple, SPICE UP YOUR LIFE! Goddamnit! I think I momentarily stopped breathing at this point, I was in pop heaven! Unrelenting, they continued with all their hits! I love that they reprise Spice Up Your Life as an encore but with a fresh, clubbish arrangement with military-ish drum beats, hell ya! Row 11 was worth every penny as I swore Victoria looked at me when she walked the runaway and I was less than 4 feet from her screaming 'Posh!', in my mind I will always tell myself she looked at me, threw me her bitch face and yes, no one does a bitch face like her after which she breaks into a smile as if to say 'don't take me seriously' God, I love her! As a Spice Boy, I followed their solo careers and even own, yes OWN their solo CDs and they gave me a near heart attack when Emma sang Maybe and Melanie C sang I Turn To You. The finale with the confetti brought on my tears, tears of joy, tears of finally being rained on by confetti and not sitting in the sidelines or nosebleeds jealous of floor seats blessed folks, last night it was me, it was us that were covered in confetti, it was emotional! My mind is still racing from last night, I am still reliving the moment in my head, what a fun night to spend with my partner and awesome friends hotlunch and Iris!
Thank you Victoria, Emma, Mel B, Geri and Melanie C and when I am feeling sad and low, you will take me where I wanna go!
And how close were we to the stage, watch this clip that I recorded using hotlunch's camera. Yep, THAT close.
SO FREAKING BRILLIANT!!!!