Saturday, September 02, 2006
Tossed on Sanafir
Checked out Sanafir for the first time last night and I am tossed on whether I love it or like it. If I love a restaurant, I'd return in a heartbeat but if I only like it, I may only return for special occasions or never. I did enjoy the room, ethnic style decor, interesting seating arrangements as in the centre of the restaurant is a long communal table for smaller groups or diners who crave the ambiance of dining Auschwitz Nazi Camp style. Weeks ago we had turned down an offer at this communal table as IMHO, if I have to pay $15 per entree and sit within breathing space of complete strangers, I'd go to Hons Wonton House. That was our first unsuccessful opportunity to dine at Sanafir but last night, we had a table reserved for 4 two weeks prior to the date. It's a another Vancouver tapas style restaurant and supposedly fusion spiced with Indian, Moroccan, SE Asian flavours. Almost all tapas comes in threes. We chose the Scallop, Tuna and Chef's Selection Tapas. Each plate comes in threes which was interesting but something was lacking and I could not quite put my finger on it. Then suddenly I realized it was flavour! The spices were toned down to a level in which I could barely make out the tandoori or hoisin flavours, nothing 'exploded' in my mouth and I love explosions in the mouth, no pun intended. BUT, the presentation was something to behold. I think I like and not love this place. It was a fun night out with friends and a night of indulgence resulted in the inability to go for yoga this mornin' *sigh* I need some real tapas this weekend at Guu or GK or La Bodega or noodles at this new joint in Kits called Noodle Box, something that 'explodes' in my mouth at least!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us Tuna Dish
Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us Dessert Dish
posted by movetothis @ 10:03 am  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:57 pm, Blogger Brand New W said…

    hey if your partner doesn't want to go to Noodle Box with you, i'll go! just let me know when and where!

     
  • At 10:13 am, Blogger movetothis said…

    yay! I'll email or call you for a noodle rendenvous soon...

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This