Sunday, July 15, 2007
Carne Weekend
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Francais Bifteck Frites

Checked out Jules French Bistro and Senhor Rooster this weekend. I think I ate my month's quota of red meat in one weekend! I love Jules! So did all the other diners at the table. I almost had the Prix Fixe menu of salad, steak frites and dessert but thought that would be too limiting so I dived into their Prawn and Avocado Salad and 8oz steak + frites instead. Loved the salad, best sesame prawns I've ever had! Great steak and crispy fries! Cannot fault anything from the energy in the room to the service, the decor and the food. The only thing I would change is more sound proofing to help trap the sound as the restaurant was full and we had to yell across the table to have a conversation. Cannot wait to go back! And oh yah, the lobster and crab bisque the others had, best soup eva, chunks of real lobster and crab in a bisque, wicked! Next time I am going for the lamb cuz it looked good at someone else's table. The location was interesting and it would have been easy getting a fix or blow on route to dinner. Jules RULES!

Sunday night we attended the grand opening of Portuguese Restaurant Senhor Rooster. So glad I heeded the call to the invitation. We picked up C and took off with little to nil expectations and did they deliver. Great food, fun party, even live music and all the food and sangria we wanted. If it wasn't a work day tomorrow and I wasn't driving, would have downed that sangria like agua. Can't say this new location is gonna drive more guests compared to his previous locale on Rupert St. To show my deep gratitude I should organize a dinner there sometime soon.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Remembering Senhor
posted by movetothis @ 8:49 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 5:30 pm, Blogger Brand New W said…

    yay! i'm glad you liked Jules! their dinner menu sounds appetizing!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This