Tuesday, July 03, 2007
Seattle's Best
Ok, now that the 3 hour border wait is behind me and my spine is no longer crying out in agony from sitting in the car, I can look back objectively. This was a much needed trip on so many levels. We did something familiar and something new this time. Stayed at a new hotel instead of The W and loved it, boutique hotels are cozy and I still pinch myself for that dirt cheap rate I got. The grub at Wild Ginger continue to impress and the chicken liver terrine at new French restaurant Le Pichet brought tears. It was by far the best salad I've had. The decor was French bistro style. Could Seattle have better restaurants that back here at home? Also, I would never leave Seattle without partaking real Thai cuisine which Vancouver is so deprived of and its not at a fancy restaurant. When was the last time I had Pud Woon Sen, when?? About 15 years ago in Bangkok and then last weekend again in a Seattle food court. It was so spicy that I suffered the day after but was it worth it, you betcha! It might have been the best dish I had during this trip. One more time next year!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Yep, chicken liver salad with an egg, best damn thing eva!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Succulent Pork Loin with beans I don't care for
posted by movetothis @ 9:20 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:20 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    sheesh, i need a Thai 101 course since i don't know much beyond pad thai and papaya salad! that chicken salad looks good (i love eggs!) but chicken liver is not my thing...chicken intestines (deep fried) or chicken stomach/hearts are awesome! :)

     
  • At 5:33 pm, Blogger Brand New W said…

    yeah i don't know much about Thai food either. have u been to Sawasdee on Main Street or Salathai?

     
  • At 11:24 am, Blogger movetothis said…

    there's a table in Salathai on Burrard with our name on it so let's all go sometime and I'll give u 2 a Thai education LOL.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This