| Sunday, June 24, 2007 |
| The movie experience |

Why did people criticize Oceans 13 and say the cast had too much fun and were too self-indulgent? I enjoyed it. Tremendously! Every one was nice to look at, even Ellen Barkin. Why would people hate this and say they liked Oceans 11 more, why did they like the first one and not this one? How was it different? It's a heist movie except this one has a revenge element to it which I dig. What were they supposed to do, not have fun, wear cheap suits and eat at a noodle vendor in Taiwan instead of fancy restaurants?? It's a movie and it's supposed to entertain and O-13 did just that! This time round, the cast is in Vegas, without horse face Julia and instead they cast cougar face Ellen Barkin in the lead female role and it was well played. I wish I was like her character.
Watching movies in the theatre is no longer the same experience as before, why? For starters, people talk in movies. A lot and not in whispers but regular volume conversation, some people! This girl next to us kept asking her boyfriend things like 'what did he say'(OMG, are you deaf?), 'what was that all about'(GEEZ, are you blind), 'is he supposed to be gay'(PLEASE, shut up), 'did you know that was going to happen'(GOD, someone please kill her)? I am like COME ON ALREADY. I had to lie to my partner that she was really Juliette Lewis from The Other Sister so that he won't scream at her cuz I was somewhat grateful as her boyfriend nicely moved his jacket so that we have 2 seats together even though we got there 10 minutes before the movie started which meant we should have been in god forsaken neck breaking row one but we had prime seating!!
Anyhoo,Ms.Helen-Keller-Hard-Of-Hearing-Retard-White-Trash-Girl, next time you want to talk, please do it at home or during your job at The Gap in Langley and not during a fucking movie.
I digressed. I wonder if there will be an Oceans 14 or 15 or 29, and will that Chinese kid Qin Shaobo be in the movie again? I am so jealous of him. I don't think he utters a word of English in this movie and all his lines were in Mandarin. He has got to be the luckiest Asian actor and he is always one of the gang, being in the same scenes with George, Brad, Matt, how lucky for a guy who used to row boat in Nanjing transporting tourists! Well, not sure where he's from or what he did prior but that's my wild guess. By the way the soundtrack to this movie rules!
I think we will be renting the original Oceans 11 from the 1920s featuring the brat pack, I wonder if it's any good and did Bruce Lee play the Chinese character. Time to visit the library. |
posted by movetothis @ 1:12 pm   |
|
| 4 Comments: |
-
I also hate HATE people who talk in theaters! So obnoxious! And after meeting my new friend Torrent thanks to you, I wonder if I will go to theaters again! Better to invest on a GIANT flat screen TV at home and have real food with movies!
You are so bitchy in describing this loud mouth girl. And the asian actor in the film...is this the guy who did all the fancy gymnastics in the first oceans 11?
-
Oh yes J, torrent rules! Ever since we invested in LCD TVs, it has become less frequent that we go to the theatres....was I to bitchy, yikes...my blood was boiling in the theatres, yet I could not say anything and she almost ruined the movie for us hence my rant. But no lie, I did tell my partner she was 'special' to avoid an all out eye gouging fight.
-
i didn't even see Oceans 12 cause I heard it was so bad... that's why i have no interest in Oceans 13 cause I don't like watching things out of sequence and halfway through... glad u liked the movie though, and yes, totally agree with you that people are IDIOTS these days in the theatre!
-
next visit i will force u to watch Oceans 1 - 12 so you can be educated LOL. You should have been there to give the girl your bitch face for me and throw piping hot Burger Fries at her as well.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
I also hate HATE people who talk in theaters! So obnoxious! And after meeting my new friend Torrent thanks to you, I wonder if I will go to theaters again! Better to invest on a GIANT flat screen TV at home and have real food with movies!
You are so bitchy in describing this loud mouth girl. And the asian actor in the film...is this the guy who did all the fancy gymnastics in the first oceans 11?