Tuesday, June 26, 2007
Extreme Makeover Day 2
Day 1 ended with us sleeping on the floor in the living room as our bed frame was in the kitchen and box spring in the entrance way. It was like camping out so I liked it. Well, woke up a few times and was disoriented but thank god I manage to sleep through at least.

Day 2 started with a neighbour asking for some ceramic lavender sign which fell from her patio onto ours. It was still in one piece but as I was bringing it back to her, it broke into pieces without my doing, that's my story and I am sticking to it! Then Macy started chasing a black cat who had visited from a neighbours. If only I am not deathly and medically verified allergic to cats sigh, that black cat is beautiful and sweet, I love her. Anyhoo the installers are going full force today as my demand was to finish all the rooms today, complete the transition and panels tomorrow or I am reporting to Immigration Canada and they will see the inside of a Hanjin Container again. As installation progressed, I was suddenly handed the death sentence, they are gutting the computer room hence all cables and wires have to be unplugged. I am like WTF! Noooo! I was no longer connected to the real world, Internet went down, TELUS TV went down, I was left with a deafening silence except for loud Cantonese phrases as workers work and swear at each other. As if that wasn't a deathly blow to my sanity, I had to help move with everything in the closet, computer equipment to the living room which turn our temporary sleep haven-living room into this:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.usImage Hosted by ImageShack.us
Me watching TV pretending it's not really happening.

At this point, I had thought, ok, we had to crash in the kitchen for the night. I expressed my distress to one of the installers and he miraculously finished the bedroom by the end of day Numero Duo. Thank god almighty! We were able to set up the bedroom and regain some normalcy after. Thank god! There's still cuz it's not over till the skinny asian man sings. Is this ever gonna end?!?!
posted by movetothis @ 9:27 am  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This