| Wednesday, July 18, 2007 |
| The Dream Is Still Alive! |
I once had a dream. A dream of working in a downtown office in a job that I truly enjoy, with people I truly love talking to and giving me the true satisfaction of a work day. I finally found my space in this work place and it has done a ton for my frame of mind on so many many levels. I needed it.
This dream started in March and may come to an end in August when the assignment ends. But just as bleakhouse was in the horizon, the office posted permanent positions for the very job I am doing and without hesitation I applied. Waited a week for the posting to close and today an email came which shattered that dream. I did not qualify. Not because of credentials but because of timing. Union and collective agreement SUCKS, especially this time. I needed a full year at this pay scale to lateral to a job at the exact same pay scale. My manager appeared devastated. I wanted a cigarette right there and then when I got that email. I sighed and wanted to scream. My phone rang this very second and my manager said 'Phil, please come and see me'. I hung my head low, walked towards his office with a view of the North Shore mountains and his first words were 'don't give up cuz we haven't!' I was elated and moved. I will reach this full year clause in Oct 2007, exactly 60 days from today. I hope they make these provisions happen. I don't know what they can do, they may post another job come October, they may delay the process. Thanks to my core group at the office as they heard of my setback and took me out for Thai food today, they know me already, Tom Yum Goong and Pad Thai was comforting, for me. In any case, the dream is not lost, it is still alive. I will think positive as I don't want to leave, ever. |
posted by movetothis @ 7:08 pm   |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
sheesh, that sucks big time! i can't stand stupid little rules that make no sense at all...or the inability in bending some of these rules...
i'm sure you wanted some Tom Yum Goong *wink* LOL Let's hope they delay the posting and you are not deported out of downtown! good luck!
-
well i'm glad you're enjoying your post downtown more than before and hope that u also get to stay!!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
sheesh, that sucks big time! i can't stand stupid little rules that make no sense at all...or the inability in bending some of these rules...
i'm sure you wanted some Tom Yum Goong *wink* LOL Let's hope they delay the posting and you are not deported out of downtown! good luck!