| Sunday, September 09, 2007 |
| iWatch |
Wow, movies are such sweet escape! So many in the last month I love it. We're on a roll again. Ok, memorable flicks like Notes on a Scandal, Zodiac, Mr. Brooks, Disturbia, Apocalypto. And forgettable ones I wasted my life as in Click, The Last Kiss (absolutely hated this one), Miss Potter, Emperor and Assassin and a couple more so boring I can't remember the title.

Notes on a Scandal was a tough one to watch. Subject matter was disturbing but the performances were impeccable. Judi and Cate are such powerhouse actors that it was hard to know whose face to focus on. Cate Blanchett can do no wrong in my eyes and Judi Dench's character was like a senior Single White Female but with a dyke twist. Love it.

Zodiac. Mind boggling. Got me guessing from start to finish. Shocked to find out it was a true story and wish there was gratuitous love scene with Jake Gyllenhaal and Robert Downey Jr. but alas no, not that kind of movie, not Brokeback Mountain 2.

Mr. Brooks! I love! I was talking to a co-worker over lunch recently and we both felt we identified with many elements of this movie. Dane Cook was a good actor but even more surprisingly is Kevin Costner has aged really well and he played the role with such conflict that I was floored. William Hurt stole the movie but without a doubt, Kevin Costner carried the movie.

Disburbia. Alright, who is this Shia LaBoeuf and why is he so famous?? I think he was in some kids Transformer movie but I do not see the appeal with his carb face. He certainly is not Zac Exon or whatever his name is from High School Musical so why the appeal. The movie itself was entertaining and someone told me was a remake of some movie but I had no idea.

Apocalypto should not have been a box office failure. The public was harsh to Mel Gibson's DUI and public outbursts. So what, we do it all the time. kimchi sucks, there LOL! I love Apocalypto and cannot wait to find out what happens to the man on the tree with blood dripping. The movie was an EPIC!

And I want my life back after watching Click and whoever made The Last Kiss with Zack Braff should be sent to the guillotine! That was a harsh movie and I cannot say how much I hated it! Why make a movie like this when movies are supposed to be an escape, if I want subject matter of this nature, all I need to do is pick up the phone and call up people I know.

Hairspray last night. At the so-very-uncomfortable-might-as-well-be-third-world-theatre at 5th Avenue. I really wanted to dislike the movie as I did not know the songs but I liked it, quite enjoyed it and the serious themes were well played out. I especially felt verklumpt during Dana Owens rendition of 'I Know Where I've Been'. I knock 5th Avenue cinema I know but I do like their yogurt with sprinkles, very yummy! It was a nice escape movie even with the unrealistic not gonna happen in real life but sweet love story between Tracy and Link. I found myself humming to 'You can't stop the beat' after the movie and by then it was almost midnight. I love date nights! |
posted by movetothis @ 2:05 pm   |
|
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|