Friday, September 29, 2006
Janet 20 Y.O.
On first listen, its not bad. Even the current single 'So Excited' is growing on me, except for the Khia rap part, Khia is crass with her 'My Neck My Back' song, skanky ho. Anyhoo, Janet's new CD is such a departure from her usual formula for her past releases. Gone are her angry but funky dance songs like 'You' or 'If' and with the influence from her fugly bf Dupri, she has adopted a more R&B sound that I still need to get used to. None of the tracks give me chills or possess me with the spirit to execute tight bone snapping choreography ala Rhythm Nation or Nasty, this is a CD that kinda grooves. The only track reminiscent of the old Janet is 'Enjoy'. I had thought of not buying this at first but I already have ALL of her CDs and many of her singles so did not want to stop now, besides at $9 @ Best Buy, its better than dl off the net. For a sample of the full CD, check out this AOL website.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
posted by movetothis @ 11:03 am  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey don't u be dissing skanky ho, LOL. Isn't that the song where she sings about licking her pussy? "Lick my pussy like you should..." LOL I can't stop laughing whenever I hear that.

    I need to hear this new Janet album. I hope not too many songs where she tries hard to sing (usually ballads) and never works. She needs to stick with funky dance songs.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This