| Thursday, September 14, 2006 |
| White Men Can Fry |
On the window of Noodle Box reads ' South East Asia' and at first taste, it came close but no cigar. I'd know coz I used to swing from tree to tree in the jungles of S.E. Asia LOL. Nonetheless I enjoyed every bite of my dinner. The kitchen is run by a staff of Caucasians and they do know their stir fry. Kudos must be given where it's due, this is a fun place to have a quick bite with friends. The long lineup is definitely due to the lack of trained staff. Definite growing pains. Imagine hoards of people waiting for freshly stir fried noodles, rice, dumplings and satays to name a few items off their menu. I tried the dinner special and went for the Hokkien noodles with duck and prawn, it was tasty and very spicy and I opted for medium hot. Imagine going for hot, how can one even swallow and not burn a hole in one's stomach. I must try the much egullet-talked-about Cambodian Jungle Curry next time. I do wonder if they will stay popular as $12 for a bowl of fried noodles enough for just one person is rather steep. But you get to eat out of a box like Sarah Jessica Parker in SATC, that looked totally fun. And I had awesome company, thanks hotlunch + partner for joining me in checking out this new joint. Can't wait for NB to obtain their liquor license, imagine a bottle of Gewurtztraminer with some spicy seafood, yummilicious!
  |
posted by movetothis @ 8:18 pm   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
thanks for suggesting it! it was awesome! i can't wait to go back!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
thanks for suggesting it! it was awesome! i can't wait to go back!