Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Back into the groove
Since my recent entry, I've been rather stressed about my mom's post mild stroke condition and am glad to receive word that she is now stable, discharged from hospital and back at home though she will need some therapy. Whew, close one! Thank You God!

With my mood improving, I got back to the swing of things and have returned to reading, listen and watching. Currently I am perusing through Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs which appears to be a fun read. I hope to be done with the book before catching the movie starring Annette Bening and one of my favourite male actors Alec Baldwin. And a movie that has triggered my interest is Dixie Chicks' documentary Shut Up and Sing. What did Natalie Maines go through after her comment on Bush? Did they threaten to cut her off from her daily Krispy Kreme intake? I like documentaries, it makes me feel important and intelligient ha, a nice break from the usual fluff like what baby Angelina or Madge is adopting next. And my music disappointment would be Madonna's Maxi-pad single for Jump, supposedly her last single off Confessions. The mixes suck except for one by Junior. And she included the album version? What's with that? Everyone and their dog has heard the album version, why not have someone else remix an extra version, Shep Pettibone? Calderone? Well, have a listen to the one good mix here!

The single cover is also lame. Sigh.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
posted by movetothis @ 8:43 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 5:43 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Glad to hear your mom is alright!

     
  • At 9:54 pm, Blogger movetothis said…

    Thanks again, I had almost thought I have to book the next flight out, whew! But will visit soon tho.

     
  • At 11:04 am, Blogger Brand New W said…

    yes good news about your mom, that's great!

    is the Madonna single out already? whoops! i'm totally off the ball on this one, thanks for posting the mix!

    I've been wanting to read Running With Scissors. The movie looks good as well.

    see you tonight for Shut Up & Sing!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This