Monday, October 09, 2006
Take That Vegans!
It appears there's no safe vegetable left after today's news of lettuce being found with E-coli, after spinach and carrots that cause botulism which can lead to death. Yikes, before we know it, we might be left with only meats which would be totally fine with me LOL. There would be a Memphis Blues in every corner, spreading like Starbucks! At dim sum today, we started a conversation about which veges I like and I realized that when it comes to greens, I am a FOB through and through. I like only leafy Chinese greens, ie. Gai Lan, Bok Choy, Water Convolvulus (aka Kangkong in SE Asia) which is one my fav things to eat but never get enough as its rare in this part of the world and must be done right, ie fried with some spicy shrimp paste and chillis. Yum!

I wonder if this is a ploy by the meat lovers getting back at them anti-KFC people. Yah yah, so what if the chicken have no beaks or bred in small spaces with no place to run, it's for consumption so why build them a bungalow? I am kinda craving some leafy veges tonight. Oh, dim sum at Pink Pearl rules!

posted by movetothis @ 4:24 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 5:13 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    what the hell is water convolvulvuvvvus voodoo volus....volvo voodoo....convul-vulva-lucious? wtf?

    you are so fobish! lol

    i also love gai lan and many other asian veggies which i don't even know the english word for!

    i often go with just sauteed in oil and garlic...LOTS of garlic!

     
  • At 5:57 pm, Blogger movetothis said…

    hard to describe water convolvulus, you must have had it before in an asian restaurant, Thai food, Malay food, Indonesian food and some Chinese cuisine uses this type of green leafy vegetable. Its a swamp vegetable and is crunchy. OMG, tons of garlic on anything is good!

     
  • At 11:41 am, Blogger Brand New W said…

    dim sum at Pink Pearl, really?? i thought it was really white washed there? Have u been to Dai Tung on Kingsway? we should go there sometime soon! There's also a new Singaporean place we should check out on Robson, across from the Telus building, beneath the Korean market.

    let me know when u're free!

     
  • At 6:21 pm, Blogger movetothis said…

    I like Pink Pearl as its instant gratification, once you sit down, the cart comes and you point and then eat. I have been to Dai Tung, used to work closeby, they have dim sum at China prices, loves it. What new Singapore place on Robson, we simply must go!!!! I'll arrange a dine out there soon!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This