| Sunday, November 26, 2006 |
| Cool Software I Swear By |
Sigh, if not for these cool software programs I have on my PC, I would probably be able to spend less time on them but can I live without them, I doubt it..
1. MusicMatch - Wow! What a program. The best music software out there, bar none! Once you subscribe, you can listen to ANY artiste, ANY track from ANY era in CD quality. It's like your personal DJ. From Beethoven to Billy Holiday to Belinda Carlisle to Black Eyed Peas, this software has become a close friend especially on quiet snowy mornings like today. All I need to do is type in the artiste or song title, and it plays it, not kidding about the CD quality, none of that crappy internet radio tunes that is 128K at best, MusicMatch rules. This morn', I listened to just about the entire library of Tears For Fears, I know, feeling nostalgic here.
2. ConvertXtoDVD - If not for this sweet sweet software, we would miss TV shows and cry about it as we are Tivo-less. Once the TV show's bit-torrent file is located, a quick download and up runs ConvertXtoDVD to convert the avi or divx file into DVD format, burn onto a rewritable, pop into the DVD player and our recorded Amazing Race or Heroes plays in 1080i DVD quality with spectacular surround sound in HD quality. Other similar software like Nero, Windows Media would crash or close up like a clam once such files are opened but not ConverXtoDVD, a fairly new software in the market, there is no file too big or too 'sensitive' that it cannot decode, encode, convert and then burn. I love it. The trial version was so good that I even bought the licence to download the full version.
3. DVD Shrink 3.2 - With this little wonder, decryption and data size beyond 4.7GB worries me not coz it will always fit in them blank medias once DVD Shrink is up and running. I have my colleague to thank for showing me this tiny software that runs with minimal processing space but does wonders for me.
4. Windows Washer - Just like the name it does what it's supposed to do, it's like squirting bleach on your PC or laptop.
5. Motorola Phone Tools and BitPim - If not for this dynamic duo that must work hand in hand, my RAZR ring tones would be limited to a Waltz or Ring #6 but I can create my own ring tones from any MP3 or sound clip and also personalize my own wallpaper, screensaver etc. A must have for a cellular phone geek like moi. Best $40 spent as I never ever have to pay for a ringtone download again as long as I own a Motorola.
6. Rocket Dock - When the Windows interface looks a little boring and I wanna switch to the Mac interface, this program does it all.
7. Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Image Ready - How can anyone who owns a digital camera not have these 2 incredible tools baffles me. I can have green eyes on my photo image without having to wear color contacts or become a mutant. Fun stuff.
8. Bitlord - 3 words. Cannot live without! Actually this software would rank No. 1 in my list of favs. |
posted by movetothis @ 12:00 pm   |
|
| 3 Comments: |
-
is Music Match like a Napster/LimeWire type program? Peer to peer sharing? i need to find a new one. i'm on Limewire but it's been acting up lately...
loves DVD Shrink!!
-
MusicMatch is more like Real Player or iTunes but waaaay better. It's not P2P sharing. It has a jukebox, CD quality internet radio, music on demand and so much more. I love it! When you guys visit, remind me to show how it works.
-
OK I definitely need a 1-on-1 tutoring lesson from you regarding all these multimedia software! The only thing I have already is Adobe PS (awesome but one damn memory drain that slows down EVERYTHING on my MacBook!) and Image Ready (i use this instead of PS if I"m lazy).
I don't understand MusicMatch. You just listen or you can actually download the mp3s? I use Limewire (thanks to HotLunch) but recently it has been almost impossible to get files.
BitTorrent....an American friend here told me about it, I downloaded the software, but WHAT THEN? No clue what to do! How do I search for files? My friend gets episodes of America's Next Top Model off it so she can survive boredom in Oslo. I want it too!!!
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
is Music Match like a Napster/LimeWire type program? Peer to peer sharing? i need to find a new one. i'm on Limewire but it's been acting up lately...
loves DVD Shrink!!