| Tuesday, November 14, 2006 |
| Stranger Than Fiction |

Stranger Than Fiction reminded me of Being John Malkovich and Adaptation. I loved it! Quirky, indie-ish, unconventional and even had a whole lotta heart. Will Farrell is believable in almost every movie he's been in. I became a fan since his days as a Spartan cheerleader on SNL, kudos to him for having such a movie career. Who would've thunk it? The soundtrack for this movie featured a band called Spoon. A tad grungy tunes but kinda catchy. Dustin Hoffman and Emma Thompson were brilliant in the movie. It's uncanny that 2 Oscar award actors would take second billing to Will. One downer in this movie is that the love interest for Harold is Maggie Gyllenhaal and she is kinda annoying. Not just her obnoxious character but she is overall just annoying, how is she even related to the beautiful Jake. Parts of the movie were slow but pivotal in how the ending comes together. I wonder if the DVD release will have an alternate ending? Nonetheless, this film was wonderful, renewed my faith in movies after that wretched slit-my-wrist-with-a-serrated-knife-please Borat. We left the theatre with a reminder: our lives regardless how mundane and routine has a point in them and matter. Note to self. |
posted by movetothis @ 9:53 pm   |
|
| 2 Comments: |
-
oooh i can't wait to see this either! I don't mind Maggie, and am actually not a fan of Will Farrell's at all, though I did enjoy "ELF." This movie looked promising and funny, not like some of the other ones he's done which seem way too stupid for my liking. I'm glad u liked this, I can't wait to go.
-
i just went to see this tonight and was soooo disappointed!!! :(
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
oooh i can't wait to see this either! I don't mind Maggie, and am actually not a fan of Will Farrell's at all, though I did enjoy "ELF." This movie looked promising and funny, not like some of the other ones he's done which seem way too stupid for my liking. I'm glad u liked this, I can't wait to go.