Wednesday, January 03, 2007
Dine Out 2007 is upon us!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Yep, another year another Dine Out event. Oddly enough, a few 'regulars have opted out this year, eg. Lumiere among others. I logged in right when the list came out and Tourism Vancouver website was bombarded with so much traffic that the site was displaying errors every now and then. Made a few resos, well might have overbooked actually. Sigh, how I wish I can be at ten places at the same time and eating. Some at familiar places, some new. Looking forward in checking out Gastropod and Rare. Excited to return to reliable Chambar and Bacchus. Gastropod looks really funky from the outside and is owned and run by an Asian chef who was trained in France. Cannot wait! The room looks tres cool. Rare has been receiving accolades and another food blogger ranked it as her favourite restaurant in Vancouver hence I am curious. Once again, I am puzzled with Chinese restaurants participating in Dine Out Vancouver. I often wonder if people actually call in to Floata Seafood Restaurant in Chinatown just when Dine Out launched to make reso just so they can pay $25 per person for BBQ Pork, Fried Rice and Mango Pudding. Are there people actually this crazy??? Well, their loss.

Let the dining begin!
posted by movetothis @ 8:40 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 3:23 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh how i will miss Dine Out!!!! That's ok, you can do all the sampling and give me the recommended places after this binge fest :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 

Silent All These Years

Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Listening To
  • Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Move To This