| Sunday, September 16, 2007 |
| One Killed One Bombed |
Checked out Zipang Sushi yesterday for a snack, loved it, the decor was cool, the food authentic and service polite. I'd have to say the chicken karaage (a personal favourite) was good but nothing comes close to the ones at Gyoza King. Zipang's karaage reminded me of Guu or even Kitto. The sashimi was really fresh and I was surprised at the light batter on their tempura. I hope to return soon. Maybe they can give Shiro a run for our moola.
For dinner, we got a table at Lolita's South of the Border Cantina and I don't think Mexican food will ever be for me. Apart from the salsa and chili dusted chips, I felt the rest of the dishes were bland. We ordered the 'tonights special' some ceviche with scallop and prawn and although it was good the flavours did not explode in my mouth as I anticipated Mexican food to do. The Lolita's Tacos plate I ordered wasn't bad but not mind blowing, in fact the halibut taco reminded me of the one I've had @ Cactus Club in Yaletown. I can really do without refried beans. Why do people eat these beans if not only for it's fibre content. So I've drawn the conclusion that Mexican food is not for me. Lolita's was tiny and we were all uncomfortable with the close proximity of the tables, seriously literally 3 inches between tables! The diners to my left kept staring at what we ordered and making comments. Another group had to share a long table by the door and that was so Hon's! I hate to 'dap toi' cuz watching other strangers eat and food falling out of their mouth, hmm, not for me thanks.
Guess which of the 2 bombed imho. |
posted by movetothis @ 10:14 am   |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
i liked Lolita's... but then again maybe the two margaritas i had at the start of the meal helped... plus, Trevor Linden was sitting right next to us - not that either me or Michael are big hockey fans.
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
|
|
|
| Silent All These Years |
Excuse me, but can I be you for a while..- Tori
See my complete profile
|
| Previous Post |
|
| Archives |
|
| Listening To |
|
| Move To This |
|
|
i liked Lolita's... but then again maybe the two margaritas i had at the start of the meal helped... plus, Trevor Linden was sitting right next to us - not that either me or Michael are big hockey fans.